Motorists are all too well aware of the presence of traffic speed cameras and red light cameras at intersections. These unmanned, automated cameras, as many citizens have found to their dismay, are programmed to capture registration numbers and issue tickets even though there is no violation. What smart motorists do is they slow down appreciably, well below the specified limit to ensure they are not caught violating the speed trap. At red light cameras they slow down and stop as the light turns yellow and then red. It is no surprise that some areas, where such cameras have been installed, report a sizeable downturn in their revenues and companies that have installed such cameras are incurring huge losses. Speed cameras may have served the purpose: there is a fear factor.
The reason to be afraid is simple. There have been reported cases of these speed cameras being rigged to capture even non-violators and issue tickets for revenue purposes. No one wants to be a victim of such cameras. Smarter people not only stay well within speed limits but they also take extra measures to keep themselves from becoming a victim of Phantom Tag Protector speeding cameras.
This is achieved by the simple expedient of fitting a transparent license plate cover with a micro bubbled or prismatic surface. When viewed from front at eye level, the plate cover is virtually undetectable and allows clear reading of the numbers. When viewed at oblique angles from the side or above, the textured surface partially obscures the number. If a speed camera cannot record the number then it cannot be matched in the data base and a driver stays safe because a ticket cannot be issued.
A word of warning though. Not all such license plate covers are equal. Some are not of the right size. Some are made of materials that yellow within 6 months of installation and lose effectiveness besides being quite noticeable. In such cases it is easy for police to stop the driver and issue a ticket. The right license plate cover is made of UV resistant acrylic that fits the license plate perfectly and does not stand out. It is practically “invisible” and stays that way for years, making it a good investment. For only a few dollars investment in such covers one can avoid being ticketed and having to pay fines of hundreds of dollars.
Is it legal? According to law the license plate must be legible when viewed from the front at eye level. This type of cover allows perfect readability when viewed from the correct angle. It only obscures the number partially when viewed from oblique angles of 110 degrees so they may strictly not contravene any laws. It is a known fact that speed cameras are rigged to trap unwary drivers and issue tickets even though there is no violation. Why become a victim? Stay safe with protective covers while being fully compliant with local traffic laws. One must remember that appeals against such tickets are virtually useless. It is better that the tickets are not issued in the first place and smart covers help you stay safe.
Laws regarding license plates keep changing all the time. At one time people could design their own license plates using wood, plastic or metal. However, the law changed and tax payers have to shell out money to buy the plates only from government agencies. In some states laws require that motorists must obtain new plates every time they buy a car. Alternatively, some states allow them to retain old plates on payment of a fee. Regardless, the license plates are made of 3M material that has a specified amount of reflectivity. The reflectivity deteriorates over time and lasts at the most for 5 years. Exposure to UV, oxidation, rain and snow as well as corrosive chemicals can affect the license plate legibility and reflectivity. If police officers decide the plate does not conform to specs, is not legible or is not reflective enough motorists end up paying a fine.
The simplest way to keep on the right side of the law, as far as license plates are concerned, is to use clear license plate covers. The covers protect the plate and prevent its deterioration. There are good enough reasons to use only the clear license plate covers from Phantontagprotector.
- Normally, one can use any transparent plastic material like acrylic as a shield to protect the license plate from dirt, rain and snow. However, in the case of license plates any material will not serve the purpose. Exposure to UV in sunlight causes most plastics to turn yellow and dull. Phantomtagprotector uses UV stabilized highly transparent acrylic, precision machined and slotted to fit perfectly over the license plates. This material does not degrade soon and retains its transparency for a longer time.
- UV not only dulls plastic but also makes it brittle and prone to breakages. Use of special grade acrylic in the covers ensures better mechanical strength for longer period.
- The surface of the acrylic sheet is extremely smooth and transparent. It repels dirt, dust, water and snow, providing all weather protection for expensive license plates.
- It is easy to buy license plate covers online but it is difficult to get fresh replacement license plates. Protecting them at a little expense goes a long way to save headaches.
- There are people who are likely to say never mind the quality; let’s just fit any protective cover provided it costs less. Since it is easy to take off and fit one can always replace the cover should it become yellow or crack. For people looking for bargains Phantomtagprotector offers superior plate covers or tag protectors at a fantastic discount of 44% for a limited time.
- Low cost is one thing but when a product is backed by a guarantee or 100% money back policy then one can trust that product. Phantomtagprotector has a solid guarantee policy for all its products, even the simplest, plain and clear acrylic license plate covers.
And, if hundreds of people are buying the protectors each day, they cannot be wrong.
At present, one can easily find at least a traffic red light camera at every bus stop and all the significant places. They are simply installed to keep an eye on the disturbing elements of the society but at times, guiltless people become victim of these cameras instead of those violators of traffic laws and regulations. However, there are many solutions available with leading online service providers to resist you from experiencing such unpleasant moments. These solutions, once equipped at your license number plate, will keep you rest assure about any kind of inconvenience caused by the law enforcing authorities, or traffic police.
Among those plate protectors, the traffic camera blocker is the most preferred and trusted products by a vast majority of people. This is so because it is very helpful in maintaining the privacy of your vehicle providing a completely uninterrupted travelling experience to you. The red light traffic cameras and speed light cameras are installed to take photos and record videos of every vehicle passing before it. Also, they have a strong flash which is used to photograph your rear license number plate. But once you applied the camera blocker, it will reflect the flash back to the camera thus the photo will be unclear and disturbed. It happens because of the image overexposure caused due to the reflection of flash.
The traffic camera blocker by Phantom Tag Protector can do wonders for you. The license plate become unreadable in the clicked image but it is clearly visible with the naked eyes. You can avoid the expensive ticket with this splendid technology. There are various advantages of this blocker for traffic camera. Some of them are highlighted as below:
- It restrains camera, radar, video recording and scanning.
- Finest acrylic material which is non-yellowing and finest shatterproof is used to manufacture this product.
- It is especially designed for the usage of outdoor purposes.
- Its name indicates its one of the main properties. It blocks the traffic camera from taking pictures of your vehicle’s license number plate thus sustains your privacy at highest possible level while travelling.
- Some of the blockers for traffic camera are not inclusive of the high-end big-brother characteristics, but they still pursue the caliber enough to protect your license number plate along with protecting the environment.
- They can be used for protecting the registration stickers also that are generally faded away due to different weather conditions in the absence of license plate protector.
Hence, this technology is useful in manifold ways accomplishing the different properties together such as:
- Blocking camera photographing.
- Blocking video recording of your number plate.
- Restricting scanning of license plate whether deliberately or randomly.
- Interrupting and restraining the radar signals being directed towards license number plate.
In conclusion, it can be stated that the blocker of traffic camera is a one stop solution to stay safe, maintain your privacy, and drive without any fear on the roads.